Rustic Rajasthan Tour
Covering: Delhi, Mandawa, Bikaner, Jaisalmer, Jodhpur, Khejarla, Jaipur, Agra, Delhi
Duration: 12 Days
Available in: English, Spanish, German, Italian and French Languages.
This Rustic Rajasthan Tour takes you to the rural and historical side of Rajasthan, the largest and the most colorful state of India. This tour lets you experience the authentic culture, heritage, and wildlife of Rajasthan, as well as the iconic Taj Mahal in Agra. This tour starts and ends at New Delhi, the capital city of India, where you can explore the old and new facets of the city.
Explore cities like Mandawa, a town famous for its havelis and forts decorated with frescoes and paintings. Bikaner is a city known for its forts, palaces, and temples. Jaisalmer is also known as the golden city because of its yellow sandstone architecture. Khuri, a village located in the Thar Desert. You will stay in Swiss camps in the middle of sand dunes and enjoy a camel ride, a bonfire, and a cultural evening full of traditional Rajasthani dance and music.
Jodhpur is also known as the blue city because of its blue-painted houses. Khejarla, where you will stay in a 400-year-old fort that has been converted into a heritage hotel. You will experience the royal hospitality and charm of this fort hotel. Jaipur is also known as the pink city because of its pink-colored buildings. Finally, Agra, where you will visit the Taj Mahal, one of the Seven Wonders of the World and a symbol of love and beauty. Finally, you will drive back to Delhi for your onward journey.
12 Day Rustic Rajasthan Tour
Day 1: Arrive in Delhi – See some of Delhi – Overnight in Delhi
- First Day of 12 day Rustic Rajasthan Tour Arrive/Pickup in Delhi.
- Explore Gurudwara Bangla Sahib or Akshardham Temple if time permits.
- Check-in at your hotel. You can relax and enjoy the rest of the day at your leisure.
- Overnight in Delhi.
Day 2: Delhi Sightseeing – Overnight in Delhi
- On this Second Day of 12 Day Rustic Rajasthan Tour.
- After breakfast, you will start your sightseeing tour of Delhi, the capital city of India.
- After breakfast Meet your driver and guide at your hotel.
- Visit Jama Masjid (The largest mosque in India).
- Take a rickshaw ride through the narrow lanes of Chandni Chowk, one of the oldest and busiest markets in Delhi.
- Stop for photos at The Red Fort.
- See the India Gate, a war memorial that honors the soldiers who died in World War I
- Also, Stop for photos at the Parliament House, and the President’s Palace.
- Then visit Humayun’s Tomb the first garden tomb on the Indian subcontinent.
- Then visit the Qutub Minar Complex (One of the oldest monuments of Delhi)
- After your Rustic Rajasthan Tour, come back to your hotel.
- Overnight in Delhi.
Day 3: Delhi – Mandawa (260 km – 6 hrs)
- On this third Day of the 12 day Rustic Rajasthan Tour.
- After breakfast, check out from your hotel.
- You will be driven to Mandawa a charming town in the Shekhawati region of Rajasthan.
- Mandawa is known for its beautiful havelis and frescoes that depict the life and culture of the region.
- Arrive in Mandawa and check in to your hotel.
- In the afternoon, Meet your guide and visit some of the famous havelis and mansions of Mandawa, such as the Hanuman Prasad Goenka Haveli, the Murmuria Haveli, and the Gulab Rai Ladia Haveli.
- You will admire the artistic and colorful murals, carvings, and decorations of these buildings that showcase the history and heritage of Shekhawati.
- After your Rustic Rajasthan tour, return to your hotel.
- Overnight in Mandawa.
Day 4: Mandawa – Bikaner – (195 km / 4 hours)
- On this fourth day of the 12 Day Rustic Rajasthan Tour.
- After breakfast, check out from your hotel and drive to Bikaner.
- On arrival, meet your guide and visit the Junagarh Fort, a massive fort that showcases the blend of Rajput and Mughal architecture.
- The fort has several palaces, courtyards, and museums that display royal artifacts and weapons.
- Also visit the Lalgarh Palace, a red sandstone palace that reflects the Rajput martial style.
- Check-in at the hotel. Overnight in Bikaner.
Day 5: Bikaner – Jaisalmer (302 km / 6 hours)
- On this fifth Day of 12 Day Rustic Rajasthan Tour.
- After breakfast, check out from your hotel and Drive to Jaisalmer.
- On arrival, check into your hotel and relax for some time.
- In the evening, visit the Gadisar Lake, an artificial lake that was built by Maharawal Gadsi Singh in the 14th century.
- The lake is surrounded by temples, ghats, and pavilions that add to its beauty.
- Return to your hotel.
- Overnight stay at Jaisalmer Hotel.
Day 6: Jaisalmer Sightseeing – Sand Dunes – Overnight in Camp
- On this Sixth Day of 12 Day Rustic Rajasthan Tour.
- After breakfast, proceed for a city tour of Jaisalmer.
- Visit the Jaisalmer Fort, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the largest living forts in the world.
- The fort is built of yellow sandstone and has several palaces, temples, havelis, and shops within its walls.
- Also visit the Patwon Ki Haveli, a cluster of five ornate mansions that belong to a wealthy merchant family.
- The Havelis are decorated with intricate carvings, paintings, and mirrorwork.
- Late afternoon, drive to Khuri village located in the Thar Desert.
- Check into your camp in the middle of sand dunes and enjoy a camel ride to watch the sunset over the desert.
- In the evening, enjoy a bonfire and a cultural evening full of traditional Rajasthani dance and music.
- Overnight stay at Khuri camps.
Day 7: Khuri – Jodhpur (285 km / 5 hours)
- On this Seventh Day of the 12 Day Rustic Rajasthan Tour.
- After breakfast, check out from your campsite and drive to Jodhpur.
- On arrival, check into your hotel.
- In the afternoon, visit the Mehrangarh Fort, one of India’s biggest and best-preserved forts.
- The fort stands on a rocky hill overlooking the blue city of Jodhpur.
- Also visit the Jaswant Thada, a white marble cenotaph that commemorates the rulers of Jodhpur.
- The cenotaph is surrounded by a beautiful garden and a lake.
- Return to your hotel in the evening.
- Overnight stay at Jodhpur Hotel.
Day 8: Jodhpur – Khejarla (85 km / 2 hours)
- On this eighth Day of 12 Day Rustic Rajasthan Tour.
- After breakfast, check out from your hotel and drive to Khejarla.
- On arrival, check into your heritage hotel which is a 400-year-old fort that has been converted into a luxury accommodation.
- In the afternoon, visit some nearby villages to interact with the locals and witness their rural life and traditions.
- You can also enjoy some activities like pottery making, weaving, farming, etc.
- Return to your hotel in the evening.
- Overnight stay at Khejarla Hotel.
Day 9: Khejarla – Jaipur (280 km / 5 hours)
- On this ninth Day of 12 Day Rustic Rajasthan Tour.
- After breakfast, check out from your hotel and drive to Jaipur.
- On arrival, check into your hotel and relax for the day.
- Overnight stay at Jaipur Hotel.
Day 10: Jaipur Sightseeing – Overnight in Jaipur
- On the tenth day of this 12 Day Rustic Rajasthan Tour.
- After breakfast, you will start your sightseeing tour of Jaipur, one of the most vibrant and colorful cities in India.
- You will first visit the Amber Fort, a majestic hilltop fort that was built by Raja Man Singh in the 16th century.
- You can enjoy an elephant ride or a jeep ride up to the fort and admire its splendid architecture and decorations.
- You will then drive past the Jal Mahal, a beautiful palace that floats on a lake.
- In the afternoon, you will visit the City Palace, a complex of palaces, museums, and gardens that was the seat of the Maharaja of Jaipur.
- You will see the Mubarak Mahal, where the royal guests were received, and the Chandra Mahal, where the royal family still lives.
- You will also visit the Hawa Mahal, a stunning pink sandstone palace that was built for the royal ladies to watch the street processions through its 953 windows.
- You will then visit the Jantar Mantar, an astronomical observatory that was built by Maharaja Jai Singh II in the 18th century.
- After your tour, Return to your hotel.
- Overnight in Jaipur.
Day 11: Jaipur – Agra (240 km / 5 hours)
- On this eleventh Day of the 12 Day Rustic Rajasthan Tour.
- You will be driven to Agra, the city of Taj Mahal.
- On the way, you stop at Fatehpur Sikri, a deserted city, once the capital of the Mughals.
- Visit Fatehpur Sikri, another UNESCO World Heritage Site
- You will then resume your drive to Agra and check in to your hotel on arrival.
- Arrive in Agra and check in to your hotel.
- Overnight in Agra.
Day 12: Agra – Delhi – Departure – Tour Ends
- On this twelfth Day of the 12 Day Rustic Rajasthan Tour.
- Wake up early and visit the Taj Mahal at sunrise, during the most magical time.
- After the Taj Mahal back to the hotel for breakfast, and check out.
- You will visit the Agra Fort, another UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Then you will be driven to Delhi, the Capital City of India.
- On arrival at Delhi, transfer to the airport for your onward journey.
- Your 12 Days Rustic Rajasthan Tour ends here with beautiful memories.
- Tour Ends.
- Taj Mahal is closed on every Friday.
Let’s Get in Touch
- Tripadvisor Traveller Rating
- 82 reviews
- Tripadvisor Ranking
- Recent Traveller Reviews
- “The tour organised by Sonia Mam from Wonderful Holidays was very good and meet my need....” more
- “The tour was fully organised and it was more relaxable. The guides were amazing and knowledabale,...” more
- “Akshardham Temple is a stunning and unique destination that requires a guide for overseas tourists to...” more
- “We, our friends had a superbly organized holiday trip to Delhi, Wonders of Taj, and Pink...” more