Delhi Food Tour
Covering: Old Delhi
Duration: 3 – 4 hours
Available in: English, Spanish, German, Italian and French Languages.
Delhi, the capital of India, is a city of contrasts, where ancient monuments coexist with modern skyscrapers, and where diverse cultures and cuisines mingle and enrich each other. This Delhi Food Tour is a perfect way to experience the flavors and stories of this vibrant metropolis.
You will be guided by a local guide who will take you to the best places to eat, drink, and explore while sharing the history and culture of Delhi along the way. You will also visit some of the iconic landmarks of Delhi, such as the Jama Masjid, and enjoy a rickshaw ride through the bustling lanes of Chandni Chowk. This Delhi Food Tour is a feast for your senses and a treat for your soul.
Delhi Food Tour:
- Start your day with your pick-up from your given location and time.
- Explore with a guide the Jama Masjid, the largest mosque in India, and admire its majestic architecture and history. Next, Walk through the narrow lanes of
- Chandni Chowk, the oldest and busiest market in Delhi, and sample some of the best street food in the city, such as
- Chole kulcha, a spicy chickpea curry with soft bread, Chole kulcha is a popular street food from Delhi that consists of chickpea curry (chole) and soft leavened bread (kulcha). It is a great snack that can be enjoyed at any time of the day. Chole kulcha is usually served with sliced onions, tomatoes, green chilies, and pickles for extra flavor and crunch.
- Bedmi poori aloo is a delicious and popular breakfast dish that consists of crispy urad dal stuffed pooris and spicy potato curry. It is a common street food in Delhi and Uttar Pradesh. Bedmi poori aloo is a filling and satisfying dish that can be enjoyed on any occasion.
- Stuffed paranthas are a type of Indian flatbread that are filled with various ingredients, such as potatoes, cheese, cauliflower, radish, onion, lentils, spinach, etc. Stuffed paranthas are a delicious and satisfying dish that can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch or dinner. They are usually served with yogurt, pickle, butter or curry.
- Jalebi is a crispy and juicy sweet snack that is popular in India, Pakistan, and the Middle East. It is made by deep-frying a batter of all-purpose flour and gram flour in spiral shapes and then soaking them in sugar syrup flavored with saffron, cardamom, rose water or lemon juice. Jalebi is often served hot or cold with milk, yogurt, rabri or kheer.
- Lassi is a yogurt-based drink that is popular in India and other parts of South Asia. It is made by blending yogurt with water or milk and adding spices, sugar, salt, or fruits. Lassi can be sweet or salty, spicy or savory, depending on the ingredients and preferences. Lassi is a refreshing and healthy drink that can be enjoyed at any time of the day.
- Khari Baoli: known for its wholesale grocery and Asia’s largest wholesale spice market.
- Kinari Bazar known for its wholesale trade of fancy laces, borders, tassels, beads, jewellery, paper items, and other accessories.
- Take a cycle rickshaw ride back to the Jama Masjid
- After your amazing Delhi Food Tour, you will be driven back to your given location.
- This Delhi Food Tour leaves you with the memories of a lifetime.
Let’s Get in Touch
- Tripadvisor Traveller Rating
- 82 reviews
- Tripadvisor Ranking
- Recent Traveller Reviews
- “The tour organised by Sonia Mam from Wonderful Holidays was very good and meet my need....” more
- “The tour was fully organised and it was more relaxable. The guides were amazing and knowledabale,...” more
- “Akshardham Temple is a stunning and unique destination that requires a guide for overseas tourists to...” more
- “We, our friends had a superbly organized holiday trip to Delhi, Wonders of Taj, and Pink...” more